Lily came to us by way of the Belmont internship fair a few semesters ago, and we loved how enthusiastic she was about getting to know us and our artists. She's interned with Crowd Surf Marketing, and I'm excited to put her to work as one of my right-hand marketing gals!
What do you want to get out of this internship?
- I want to learn as much as I can about all the different components of artist management in the music industry. Gaining exposure to the many aspects of the management side of the industry from a company like Olivia Management is such an incredible opportunity! I’ve heard that management does a little bit of everything and I can’t wait to get my hands on everything this amazing experience has to offer!
What do you love to do? Hobbies? Activities?
- You can find me doing anything from playing frisbee in the park, reading books or articles, or listening to new music. I love to learn about new things and I love being outside. I'm also really interested in photography and learning more about the many ways to capture moments with pictures.
If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- I could live off of strawberries because I love how fresh they taste, especially in the summer! They're the perfect food when it's really hot out, and it's always really fun when you go and pick them yourself!
Favorite musicians, artists, genres, equipment, shows you've been to...tell us anything you love about music.
- There are so many different and exciting avenues artists are taking right now under the alternative genre, so I would say alternative is my favorite genre.
- Some of my favorite artists include Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, Tame Impala, Chance the Rapper, The War on Drugs, and Whitney.
- I also love going to live shows or music festivals because you get exposure to other artists as well as seeing some of your favorites!
Why did you choose to intern here?
- I chose to intern at Olivia Management because I love what the company stands for and their approach to management in the music industry. One of the company’s key values is excellence and having that in common was very important to me. Being able to work in an atmosphere where growth and excellence are valued greatly is an incredible experience. I am so excited to see where this internship takes me and can’t wait for all of the lessons I am going to learn along the way!
What is your favorite part about Nashville?
- My favorite part about Nashville is the people. I'm someone who loves meeting new people and being surrounded by such an eclectic mix of individuals is really inspiring. Everyone has a reason as to why they're here and it's really exciting to be around such a driven and motivated population like this one.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- When I grow up, I want to be able to say that I learned from every experience I had and I put my stamp on everything I did. There will be many obstacles in life and I want to have learned from the failures, the achievements, and everything in between. Whether I'm an artist manager, a tour manager, or in a completely different field in the industry, I want to be able to say that I kept an open mind and put my "Lily" stamp on all that came my way!